Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tackling something more enjoyable to warm up

Jeez.. two months without a post. Doesn't look too good does it? I've decided pursue a project that's a little more enjoyable to me to get back in the wxPython swing of things. So tonight I started coding up a simple GUI front end that will control UFRaw-batch. This is a great program that I'm using to convert my camera's raw files into jpeg on Linux. However it appears there is no GUI interface available when you want to use it to convert a bunch of images in batch mode. So my pet project for the next short while will be to create one (for myself at least). I'm calling it RawBatch for the time being.

My aim is to make it a simple to use application that's very straightforward to use. I've coded up the main screen although I haven't hooked up the file-open dialog with the list of files yet. And of course I haven't yet actually performed any operations on the raw files I can now select. All in due time. Heck, it's only been one night! :) Here's a screenshot of the main window at this point:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home